Career Specialist Services & Vocational Program
- Assist with developing or updating resumes
- Assist with applying for jobs on-site at DCN and/or at the work site
- Train and prepare for interviews
- Support clients with on the job resources
- Teach self-advocacy on the job
- Support employers through Cultural Mediation and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) resources
- Job Readiness Training
- Workplace Accessibility
- Job Development
- Job Placement Assistance, and Follow-up
Hearing Loss, Speech Impairment, and Deaf Case Advocacy
- Provide resources.
- Provide referrals to DCN’s local partners.
- Provide support.
- Promote self-empowerment.
- Assist in independent living skills
Hearing Loss Advocacy
Deaf Case Advocacy
American Sign Language Classes
Level 1 Classes
Level 2 Classes
Assistive Technology & Telecommunicaiton Services (ATTS)
Assistive Technology is technology that people use to assist in everyday functions and tasks.
Telecommunication equipment is equipment used for communication with people in other locations.
Assistive Technology and Telecommunication equipment may change in efforts to serve the needs of the community
How To Qualify
- Get an Audiogram or DCN Certification form.
- Provide a Picture I.D.
- Contact your nearest Center to make an appointment.
- Become a client.
- Receive a demonstration.
- Pick out the equipment you feel best fits your lifestyle from the equipment recommended by your Assistive Tech Specialist